The following list is not comprehensive but provides a snapshot of some of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable or receivable, and various travel entitlements to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out-of-balance conditions associated with processing actions within Financial Management systems.
- Performs in-depth analysis on complicated pay, travel, accounts payable and receivable and fiscal accounting activity issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
- Analyzes particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and, applies pertinent Fiscal Laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution.
- Incumbent researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures, and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered.
- Performs or conducts research, investigates and solves problems involving discrepancy reconciliations of (Electronic Funds Transfer rejects, pay/personnel or travel mismatches) to identify, analyze and provide solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors, including computation of interest due.
- Performs varied duties, involving financial services payment systems (travel, accounts payable, and pay; for example, Joint Uniform Military Pay System Uniform Standard Terminal Input System (JUMPS), Defense MilPay Office (DMO), Reserve Travel System (RTS), Air Reserve Order Writing System (AROWS), and Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Determines appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian statuses, to include: Title 10 Active Duty; Title 32 Inactive Duty for Training, Annual Training, Active Duty for Training, Active Guard and Reserve, and Active Duty for Operational Support (ADOS). Executes unique and special pay and entitlement actions in order to provide the appropriate entitlements, such as Base Pay, Basic Allowance, Housing, Basic Allowance, Hazardous Duty Pay, Hostile Fire Pay, Combat Zone Tax Exclusion, Special Duty Assignment Pay, Student Loan Repayment Program, Incentive Pay, Invitational Travel Authorization, Jury Duty, Child Support, Wage Garnishments, Allotments, Survivor Benefits, and other monetary incentives such as, Jump Pay, Medical Pay, Flight Pay, and Foreign Language Proficiency Pay.
- Determines appropriate payments to vendors by applying Prompt Payment Act, tax law, contract law, account code structure, invoice processes, and Grants and Cooperative Agreement regulations and guidelines.
- Audits the full range of pay, travel, and accounts payable authorizations and entitlements to determine compliance with multiple laws, regulations, policies and issuances.
- Schedules, runs, and analyzes various financial system reports, such as daily activity reports, error/reject reports, status reports, discrepancy and mismatch reports, transaction reports, and ad hoc reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.