In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this BASE SERVICES SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Applicants must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Applicants must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and practices of management. Experience developing administrative procedures.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of food service, lodging, mortuary affairs, and unit training requirements; skill in applying data analysis and planning techniques to ensure adequate mission support.
2. Knowledge and flexibility in devising solution-based proposals to influence courses of action with consideration to cost, personnel qualifications, equipment condition and availability, and other variable factors.
3. Skill in applying professional military communication, both written and verbal, at all organizational levels, utilizing diverse platforms such as regulations, guidance, and standards and appropriate application to required communication formats.
4. Knowledge and understanding of resource management principles in meeting mission readiness requirements. Knowledge and application of evaluative techniques based on current and historical trends to develop recommendations for the resource advisor regarding allocation of personnel, equipment, and funding.
5. Ability to understand mission requirements and be able to independently research mandatory sources of supply to prepare estimates on procurement of equipment, supplies, and subsistence for evaluation and financial planning purposes by the resource advisor.
6. Knowledge of management and organizational techniques, systems, and procedures to publish guidance, manuals, directives, and operating instructions for base level and field level Services operations.
7. Ability to appropriately interpret management procedures and independently research regulations and policies to resolve questions and effectively accomplish tasks.
8. Ability to effectively review and convert divergent information into comprehensive local continuity programs and ensure the continuous improvement and updates to processes while providing key inputs to leadership for development of policy as pertains to implementation of programs.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)