BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The basic qualification requirements are indicated below. These qualification requirements must be met, in addition to any military requirements, in order to be found qualified for and selected to this position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which demonstrates administrative, professional, investigative, or technical work requiring the ability to deal effectively with others, to collect, evaluate and organize pertinent facts. Experience preparing clear and concise written reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (Please prepare written justification to the following KSAs as an attachment to your resume/application):
1. Knowledge and ability to serve as a GEOINT Analyst or TARGETEER responsible for IMINT operations to support deliberate and crisis action planning.
2. Knowledge and ability to evaluate and interpret raw IMINT information received from all sources. Assesses present or future value and need of information and forwards to National Agencies, Joint Commands, Air Force MAJCOMs, and AOCs.
3. Knowledge and ability to interpret, exploit, and plot information derived from imagery, establishing specific data such as distance, cubic capacity of buildings, tanks and storage facilities, line of communications, transportation systems, number, type and specific location of facilities and marshaling areas, troop movements and contour of terrain and man-made features.
4. Knowledge to prepare post-mission reports from IMINT analysis of patterns, trends and characteristics for general intelligence and operational community consumption. Prepare and evaluate finished reports relative to IMINT activities, brief analysis findings and estimates to superiors and mission planners.
5. Ability to enhance the mission readiness, maintains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of internal IMINT training. Represent the unit in making agreements and commitments within the assigned scope of his/her functional specialty.
6. Knowledge and ability to coordinate IMINT training. Plan and develop objectives and work schedules for training assigned intelligence personnel during Unit Training Assemblies (UTA), Annual Training (AT) and unit deployments. Identify training requirements and conduct or organize training courses for intelligence personnel on IMINT related subjects. Serve as the subject matter expert (SME),trainer and task certifier for all IMINT Initial Qualification Training (IQT), Mission Qualification Training (MQT), and Continuation Training (CT).
QUALITY AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE: The required amount of experience/education will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification. The quality, type and scope of the experience/education must be of such nature as to demonstrate that applicants are fully qualified to perform the duties at the level for which they apply.
DOCUMENTATION: Applicants must explain in detail, in the application, how the specialized experience was acquired, including applicable dates. Applicants should include, with application, any training completion certificates/transcripts in the areas covered in the KSAs.
MILITARY COMPATIBILITY: Individual selected must be assigned, prior to appointment, to a compatible Duty Air Force Specialty Code of: 1N1XX and 1UXXX.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTE: Military education, related to the position, may be substituted for specialized experience on a day-for-day basis for qualification at the GS-07 or GS-09 level(s). Certificates/diplomas must be submitted with application for award of credit. Civilian education, above the high school level, may be substituted for specialized experience on a case-by-case basis. Transcripts or equivalent must be submitted for award of credit.
APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS: Excepted Civil Service. Individual selected must be assigned to an enlisted position in the New Mexico Air National Guard. Individual must wear the uniform as prescribed by National Guard Bureau policies and the Adjutant General of New Mexico.