APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members of the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and must possess the following AFSC : 3P0X1
Max Military Grade: E7
NOTE: Must hold a SECRET Security Clearance
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating shifts
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Security Specialist (Training Specialist) GS-0080-09, E5-E7
Specialized Experience: To qualify for the National Guard Dual Status Series 0080, GS-09, the incumbent must have at least 24-months experience, education, or training in planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling installation and law enforcement activities. The incumbent must have experience providing training in areas related to this position and analyzing reports of investigations and maintaining security records. Must be able to enforce law, maintain law and order, preserve the peace and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of security and security forces requirements, procedures, and tactics to support installation physical security.
2. Knowledge of firearms and tactics for employing them in emergency situations.
3. Knowledge of principles and techniques of the flight-level training program.
4. Knowledge of commonly used methods, procedures regulations and other guides that relate to training programs within the United States AF, ANG and SF career field.
5. Knowledge of safety, security, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.