In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of military human resources policies, rules, guidelines, instructions, etc to understand the assigned program(s) and converse effectively with functional managers, advise commanders, customers, lower graded personnel, or lower echelons.
2. Thorough knowledge of overall requirements, objectives, practices and peculiarities of the assigned program area.
3. Ability to plan, organize work, administer, communicate effectively (both orally and in writing), meet deadlines, gather, analyze data/products, and summarize facts in order to determine adequacy and/or deficiencies of assigned programs.
4. Knowledge of the mission and the unit is essential in order to provide required support consistent with mission objectives and to coordinate with managers, supervisors, members, customers, dependents, and other offices on human resources issues.
5. Knowledge of automated systems, personal computers, and software employed in the assigned program area to utilize the systems in developing reports, correspondence and to extract data.
6. Knowledge and skill in application of analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems peculiar to the assigned program area.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
APPLICANT MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIAN FROM THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)