** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties.**
(1) Develops and coordinates special studies and analysis of operational systems support to the SCMS. Analyzes and resolves difficult issues and problems involving supply processes, systems, and operations. Prepares project and staff reports and delivers briefings. Provides options and recommendations to allow for differing or conflicting program requirements. Receives assignment of analytical and administrative projects from management and develops the approach, methodology, and management principles to be used to perform the analysis. Reviews finished products for adherence to objectives, quality control, soundness of conclusions drawn, and practicality of recommendations. Develops programs to collect and analyze data received from wholesale and retail activities. Establishes metrics and analysis systems and standards to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points. Identifies products required for problem identification and tracking. Analyzes fleet-wide performance to detect trends, determine corrective actions, and ensure the effectiveness of supply support. Reviews applicable publications, procedures, most recent analysis reports, and supplements to gain background information and familiarization in the area to be analyzed.
(2) Develops and populates graphics to brief/report on analysis results. Develops charts, graphs, spreadsheets and other media to present trends and help determine necessary corrective actions. Presents results of trend analysis at periodic briefings to logistics management senior staff. Prepares, publishes, and distributes analysis reports to affected sections, flights and organizations. Tracks actions related to resolution of deficiencies identified in analysis reports.
(3) Provides the Commander and other division/squadron management personnel with information, conclusions, and recommendations designed to show customer support performance. Develops recommendations to resolve problems with effectiveness and efficiency of work operations. Performs analysis of supply related duties and responsibilities. Applies a variety of established techniques and methods to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions or recommendations. Ensures requirements follow established supply policies, practices, procedures, and techniques which may be varied for a number of locations and situations to assure compatibility with existing systems and demands on available resources. Analysis results are integrated into broad evaluation of command-wide programs.
(4) Incumbent is required to perform a variety of special projects related to the analysis of data in support of all weapon systems. Such projects are generated from various plans, directives, trend analysis, and management briefings. Responsible for obtaining concurrence from senior management of all organizations involved on recommended changes to methods and procedures. Informs SCMS Commander on metrics affecting the health of the SCMS.
(5) Prepares comprehensive briefings on supply programs and their accomplishments toward improving supply support to the global mission. Develops and presents written and oral briefings on supply performance to senior logistics managers and develops and recommends revised command guidance and policy. Documents, coordinates, publishes, and tracks action items resulting from analysis and briefings.
(6) Reviews all command planning, programming, and procedural publications. Continually evaluates the effectiveness of supply system support.
(7) Represents the SCMS to a variety of activities and organizations. Maintains liaison with HQ USAF, MAJCOM, AFMC, DLA, and separate operating agencies on all matters pertaining to the SCMS functional analysis program for wholesale and retail systems. Represents SCMS on special working groups dealing with the supply functional analysis program.
(8) Provides specialized analysis training for other areas of the SCMS.
(9) Responsible for performing surveillance actions within all SCMS activities. Develops and executes checklists designed to evaluate overall effectiveness of logistics support areas. Publishes and maintains surveillance results and coordinates corrective actions on findings through resolution.
(10) Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships among all GLSC personnel, base level customers and other organizations as appropriate. Meets with key customers and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and resolve problems.