In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT position, you must meet the following criteria.
Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidates ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience demonstrating the ability to advise lower graded employees. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Practical knowledge of an extensive body of program analysis technical rules, guidelines, regulations, and precedents to provide sound recommendations to the Air Commander.
2. Skill in applying basic data gathering techniques in order to develop trends and analysis tools using data from reports.
3. Knowledge of the duties, priorities, commitments, basic policies, and program goals of the organization sufficient to perform comprehensive administrative support assignments.
4. Knowledge of general office automation software, practices, and procedures to design or develop detailed charts and graphs. Competitive level proficiency in typing to accomplish word processing and office automation tasks.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIAN OF THE FROM THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)