As an Electrical Engineer, you will:
As an Electrical Engineer, you will:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent obtained in either private or public sector that included providing technical electrical engineering expertise for the design, modification, operation, and/or maintenance of facilities. Examples of creditable specialized experience include planning and conducting projects and studies to resolve environmental engineering problems; project development, execution, training, and advisory services in compliance; pollution prevention; planning, programming, and budgeting system (PPBS); restoration, and/or conservation management environmental programs.
To view qualifying education requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof of the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For more information click here.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Work will require travel away from the normal duty station.
2. The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate valid drivers license is required
for the position.
3. Safeguards classified or sensitive budget-related information and/or files.
4. May be required to train/guide other employees.
5. The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends,
and/or holidays. May be required to be available after duty hours when problems arise.
6. Employee will be required to support Base Readiness and Emergency Operations Exercises and Real World
Threats and Events.
7. Employee will be required to support Special Events (i.e. Annual Air Show, Base Exercises) not
necessarily performing in their primary skill code.
8. Employee may be required to augment the Civil Engineering Snow Removal Team not necessarily
performing in their primary skill code. Employee would be trained on safe snow shoveling and would
receive appropriate safety equipment.
9. The work will require the employee to carry an electronic beeper or cell phone.
10. The work will require the employee to be familiar with Computer Aided Design and Drafting software
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): ICTAP applicants must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for this special priority selection. A well-qualified ICTAP applicant as defined in 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 330.604(k) is one whose competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements; however, the individual would not necessarily be considered highly or best qualified. For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here.
Reemployment Annuitant: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on the Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
|Date Posted||May 15, 2018|
|Date Closes||June 14, 2018|
|Located In||Hanscom afb, MA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories