APPOINTMENT FACTORS:This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members of the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard must possess the following AFSC : 2A574
Max Military Grade: E7
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating and night shift work
NOTE: Must possess a SECRET security clearance
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-12, E6-E7
Specialized Experience: Must possess at least 60 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the Ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the removal or replacement of transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic and general aircraft components.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Skill to plan, monitor and conduct on-the-job training and classes of instruction in techniques of repair and maintenance of assigned aircraft and support equipment.
2. Knowledge of technical theory and operational characteristics, not only of the airframe, but of mission systems peculiar to the unit aircraft and assigned mission.
3. Knowledge in the operation of aircraft systems to be able to troubleshoot malfunctions and problems, and determine the extent of repairs and involvement of others in expediting return to fully mission capable status.
4. Skill and knowledge to resolve problems and devise solutions when aircraft are not at home station, or at a location where the full complement of support equipment, supplies, parts, tools, and maintenance personnel are available.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.