No qualification requirements needed for this position.
In order to qualify, applicants must meet the certification requirements below:
You must submit at a minimum, a letter of completion which must include your name, date certified/re-certified and expiration date of certificate from a certified instructor of the following at the time of application: (a) a current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills and procedures and (b) a current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification and (c) a current and valid nationally recognized Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification which includes adult, child and infant procedures.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT THESE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of lifesaving, first aid, and CPR as would be learned through approved course leading to certification.
2. Knowledge of swimming facility rules, work procedures, equipment, and material to perform standing, recurring tasks.
3. Ability to swim and rescue swimmers of all age groups up to and including adult and to administer CPR to adults children, and infants.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills, and procedures.
· Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification.
· Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized CPR certification which includes adult, child, and infant procedures.
· Position require pre-employment screening for swimming ability, rescue skills, and CPR.
· Participation in required in-service training and maintenance of physical capabilities to perform rescues throughout the period of employment are conditions of employment for this position. All certifications must remain current during the period of employment.
· If position is identified as having "regular contact with children: (e.g. youth swim lessons instructor) in accordance with public law, a criminal background check must be completed.
· Some physical exertion is required in effecting a swimming rescue. Must be able to lift and carry 45 pounds and over. Much of the time is spent sitting, standing, or walking however, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or reaching is required. A physical may be required.
· May be required to work other than normal duty hours which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.