EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
· Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)
Your qualifications will also be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
· Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc (Job Element 2-E)
· Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic) (Job Element 25-E)
· Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading) (Job Element 75-A)
· Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment (Job Element 81)
· Knowledge of Materials (Job Element 82-A)
· Troubleshooting (Job Element 96)
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Frequently handles objects weighing 24 pounds and occasionally carries objects weighing 25 pounds and over for considerable distances with assistance. Required to push, pull, reach, walk, stand, crawl, kneel, bend, and work in cramped positions over and under machinery of all types for sustained periods of time. May be required to climb higher than 12 feet.
· Work is usually performed inside areas that are adequately lighted, ventilated, and heated. Floor and deck surfaces are sometimes uneven, oily, and slippery. Frequently exposed to moving objects and sharp edges with the possibility of cuts and bruises, and to noise and vibration form machines. Occasionally climbs and works from ladders and staging, causing exposure to possibility of serious injury form slipping and falling. Dirt, grease, and dampness are frequently encountered. Various protective devices such as hard hats, gloves, safety shoes, ear plugs, muffs and glasses are required.
· The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate drivers license may be required for the position.
· Shift work may be required.
· The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.