The description of your work experience in your application (resume with acceptable format) must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the following knowledge, skill, and abilities shown below to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position being filled:
1. Ability to do the work of an Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic without more than normal supervision. (This is a Screen-out element. Screen-out elements are the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities that are essential for satisfactory job performance. Applicants must receive a minimum of two points on the Screen-out element to be deemed eligible for consideration.)
2. Knowledge to troubleshoot, repair, modify and test a variety of aircraft ordnance systems such as missile and special weapons launching devices, decoys, egress, and jettison systems, and rocket launching equipment, set up the work area, determine the degree of disassembly necessary and the extent of rework needed.
3. Knowledge of Safety regulations, practices and procedures.
4. Skill in the use of test equipment and measuring devices such as leak detectors, feeler gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, micrometers, bore sight tools, multi-meters, and ammeters.
5. Ability to interpret and apply technical orders, technical manuals, blueprints, schematics drawings and other technical information.
6. Ability to troubleshoot, repair, modify adjust and test a variety of aircraft ordnance systems using electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles of operation such as missile and special weapons launching devices, decoys, egress and jettison systems, and rocket launching equipment without more than normal supervision.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Other Significant Facts:
1. Appointment is contingent upon passing a physical examination.
2. This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
3. Incumbent is required to obtain and maintain appropriate background investigation or security clearance.
4. May be required to work overtime, rotating shifts, uncommon tours, weekends, etc.
5. The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid drivers license may be required.
6. Required to keep and maintain state certifications and appropriate licenses (Commercial Drivers License with HAZ-MAT endorsement) required to transport, ship and store all egress components and Class 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 explosives. Uses government provided transportation and ensures that appropriate placards and markings are applied prior to transportation off base.
Physical Demands: The work requires standing, bending, stooping, climbing, stretching and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions and in hard to reach places. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
Working Environment: The work is performed either inside or outside and subjects the employee to prevailing weather conditions, noise, slipper or uneven surfaces, and working in confined areas. Exposed to the possibility of cuts, burns, grease, oil, dirt electrical shock and possible injury when de-arming and arming the machine.
NOTE: If you want to change and/or add information to your application package (resume with acceptable format) during the open period of this announcement, you will need to reapply (to include completing the online questionnaire) and include the changed and/or added information with your application package. This will ensure you receive full consideration for this position.