***IMPORTANT: THIS IS ONLY AN ASSESSMENT. YOU WILL BE DIRECTED BY THE AIR FORCE PERSONNEL CENTER WHEN TO COMPLETE***
This is a developmental position where you will perform the less complex tasks of the position independently and receive specific instructional guidance in the accomplishment of the more difficult assignments. The work will be reviewed for technical accuracy, soundness of approach, and compliance with policy. Assignments will become progressively more difficult in nature and are designed to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform at the next higher level. Promotion to the GS-09 level can occur without further competition once all training, regulatory, and performance requirements are met.
· Perform developmental duties which are designed to orient the employee, who is serving in a trainee capacity, in the application of common contracting methods and contracts types, and to assist in the procurement of standard service; supply; and/or construction items, services, and/or materials through formal advertising and negotiation procedures using primarily firm fixed-price contracts.
· Perform procurement tasks usually consisting of specific, related tasks that are selected to orient the employee in the practical application of contracting methods, contract types, the Federal Acquisition Regulations, etc.
· Develop source lists of responsible contractors, coordinating with the small business specialist.
· Assist in monitoring contract performance and provide information and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence.
· Perform developmental assignments which are designed to provide the employee, who is servicing in an advanced trainee capacity, in the application of common contracting methods and contracts types, and to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized service; supply; and/or construction items, services, and/or materials primarily through formal advertising or through limited use of negotiation techniques.
· Follow established procedures to procure off-the-shelf materials, which are available from numerous commercial sources, and are easily identified by command names for which standard prices lists are available.
· Prepare Initiation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) ensuring that technical descriptions and appropriate contract clauses are included.
· Assist in monitoring contract performance and assist in contract termination.
· Provide advice and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence.