You will lose consideration for the position if your application does not include all the information/documents requested on the vacancy announcement. The USAJOBS Resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you met the required GENERAL and SPECIALIZED experience. Experiences copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and will disqualify you from the position. National Guard military (part-time) service is considered as full-time experience when evaluated against the qualification requirements. The applicant is credited with actual number of months the member has been in the National Guard provided such service is related to the position to be filled.
Experience, education or training wich demonstrates a knowledge of electronics principles involved in a number of applications such as radar, data processing, and data display, as well as mechanical and hydraulic knowledges involved in operations of equipment such as control valves, gyros, turrets, and mounts and mechanical computing devices.
Applicant must possess more than EIGHTEEN (18) months of specialized experience performing or supervising duties such as performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on one or more multi-complex electronic integrated systems, Installing serviceable components into aircraft and perform total systems alignment and harmonization in accordance with existing technical orders and directives, analyzing the malfunctions encountered through fault codes, determines repair sequence process and performs the repairs, Assembling, operating, and repairing prototype or experimental electronic systems.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Study successfully completed in a college university, technical or vocational school may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of study (30 semesters hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of specialized experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position. Copy of student transcripts or training certificates must be included in order to receive credit for education. Unofficial transcripts from internet or with alterations will not be considered. To receive credit for education the information must be included in the education section of the Resume.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Failure to meet or comply with the following requirements will be basis for non-employment or removal from employment, as appropriate.
- Successfully complete a medical screening before placement action and a periodic medical evaluation thereafter.
- Proper protective equipment must be used to comply with safety standards.
- Males born after 31 Dec 59 must provide evidence of registration with the Selective Service System.
- Evidence of identity must be provided to comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL 99-603).
- Acceptance of the position constitutes concurrence to wear the appropriate military uniform.
- Possess or be able to acquire a SECRET security clearance.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the mandatory training specifically identified for the position.
- Individual selected must enroll in the Department of Defense Direct Deposit / Electronic Fund Transfer Pay Program.
- Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
- Excepted Civil Service Technicians are required to maintain a MOS/AFSC and military grade that is determined by the NGB to be compatible with the assigned technician position.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT:
In order to achieve compatibility prior to effective date of personnel action, individual selected must be eligible for military assignment to a paragraph and line number in one of the following: AFSC 2A0X1, 2A2X1, 2A2X2, 2A2X3, 2A3X4, 2A3X5, 2A8X1, 2A8X2, 2A9X1, 2A9X2, 2A9X3.
Note: In order to qualify for above mentioned AFSC(s) you must comply with mandatory entry requirements contained in Air Force Manual AFMAN 36-2108, Enlisted Classification or AFMAN 36-2105, Officer Classification, as applicable.
Individual selected for this position who is not qualified in one of the mentioned AFSC, MUST submit to HRO, before date of appointment, the correct military paperwork/application to attend the technical training school required to be AFSC Qualified. If selectee fails to process the school application and does not successfully graduate from the school, he/she will be terminated from the technician program for failure to meet the compatibility standards and receive a 30 days notice of separation.