SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial management services and accounting functions. Incumbent uses complete understanding of interrelated systems and processes across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all disbursements, collections, and adjustments related to financial records.
- Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable or receivable, and various travel entitlements to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out-of-balance conditions associated with processing actions within Financial Management systems.
- Performs in-depth analysis on complicated pay, travel, accounts payable and receivable and fiscal accounting activity issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
- Analyzes particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and, applies pertinent Fiscal Laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution.
- Analyzes and resolves tax processing problems based on airmen inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collection.
- Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations.
- Incumbent researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures, and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered.
- Performs or conducts research, investigates and solves problems involving discrepancy reconciliations of (Electronic Funds Transfer rejects, pay/personnel or travel mismatches) to identify, analyze and provide solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors, including computation of interest due.
- Performs varied duties, involving financial services payment systems (travel, accounts payable, and pay; for example, Joint Uniform Military Pay System Uniform Standard Terminal Input System (JUMPS), Defense MilPay Office (DMO), Reserve Travel System (RTS), Air Reserve Order Writing System (AROWS), and Defense Travel System (DTS) and performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the Statement of Difference trainee level position description from HRO (D2151000A/B), and applicable position description (D2151000) located online, on the FASCLASS website.