GENERAL: Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field; Experience using computer and automation systems.
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-0346-12:Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training identifying activities involving logistical support operations. Experience integrating the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan. Experience monitoring such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan. Experience identifying delays or problems and developing corrective actions. Experience working with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, and complying with regulations, laws, or practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Comprehensive knowledge and ability to integrate the total logistics planning system of supply, maintenance, transportation, contracting, and operations.
2. Ability to utilize analytical and statistical methods and procedures including electronic data processing, AF operations and organizations, and fiscal management techniques; involved in the formulation of policies, procedures, and programs, facilities, personnel management, security, medical, administrative, comptroller, and legal activities.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the Joint Chief of Staff (JCS) operations planning process.
4. kill and ability to develop, write, instruct, and evaluate training. Ability to analyze and evaluate diverse data and formulate into coherent practical operations.
5. Strong knowledge of computer operations, software applications, and systems management. Strong knowledge of the AF and DOD structure (USAF, ANG, AFRES, USN, USMC, USA) which affects the use of program and related support resources (people, money or equipment) in relation to the logistics plans process.
6. Ability to manage, direct, develop, and implement policy programs and procedures for the accurate management of Wing Logistics Planning.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.