MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for CONSIDERATION:
General: Experience or training which demonstrates the knowledge of mechanical maintenance work; ability to read and use technical manuals, illustrations, diagrams and schematics, and skill in the use of equipment and hand tools used in troubleshooting, testing and repairing equipment.
Specialized: 18 months of experience in the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) as listed below. Experience or training removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing parts, components, and accessories. Experience which provided working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to powered support equipment and systems; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience which provided working knowledge of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities (KSAs): In your application and/or resume please address the following factors in detail, giving dates of the experience and training. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a separate sheet(s) addressing the KSAs and how they relate to work experience, education or training.
1) Ability to interpret technical and manufacturer manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams and schematics necessary to make repairs and modifications.
2) Knowledge and skill in repairing, overhauling and rebuilding major assemblies and systems of powered and non-powered support systems.
3) Skill in using diagnostic test equipment.
4) Skill in using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring equipment.
5) Ability to troubleshoot complex malfunctions requiring knowledge of the interaction of several subsystems.
6) Ability to train maintenance and other personnel in operations and safety procedures for assigned support equipment.