BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The basic qualification requirements are indicated below. These qualification requirements must be met, in addition to any military requirements, in order to be found qualified for and selected to this position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that demonstrates the ability to provide technical assistance and organize assignments for subordinates; estimate materials and manpower needed for specific jobs; read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and technical publications; and maintain records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (Please prepare written justification to the following KSAs as an attachment to your resume/application):
1. Ability to perform such duties as aircraft loading, passenger briefings, sling load and hoisting operations, observer duties, litter installation, clearance of aircraft into and out of confined areas and pinnacle operations, operation of applicable flight control panels and emergency procedures as necessary.
2. Knowledge and ability to monitor and perform periodic, hourly and special inspections and defueling and servicing operations.
3. Knowledge to review and check aircraft forms and records for accuracy and completeness.
4. Ability to assign, explain work requirements and set deadlines.
5. Ability to devise new methods.
6. Ability to work with others.
QUALITY AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE: The required amount of experience/education will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification. The quality, type and scope of the experience/education must be of such nature as to demonstrate that applicants are fully qualified to perform the duties at the level for which they apply.
DOCUMENTATION: Applicants must explain in detail, in the application, how the specialized experience was acquired, including applicable dates. Applicants should include, with application, any training completion certificates/transcripts in the areas covered in the KSAs.
MILITARY COMPATIBILITY: Individual selected must be assigned, prior to appointment, to a compatible Duty Air Force Specialty Code of: 2AXXX.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTE: Military education, related to the position, may be substituted for specialized experience on a day-for-day basis for qualification at the WG-08 level(s). Certificates/diplomas must be submitted with application for award of credit. Civilian education, above the high school level, may be substituted for specialized experience on a case-by-case basis. Transcripts or equivalent must be submitted for award of credit.
APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS: Excepted Civil Service. Individual selected must be assigned to an enlisted position in the New Mexico Air National Guard. Individual must wear the uniform as prescribed by National Guard Bureau policies and the Adjutant General of New Mexico.