In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AIRCRAFT MECHANIC position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
Must have at least 18 months of experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and experience as a technical expert and authority in ensuring that very complex military aircraft are prepared to carry out the day to day training mission, as well as the world wide mobility mission as part of the Air Force and its Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) structure.
2. Knowledge in technical theory and operational characteristics, not only of the airframe, but of mission systems peculiar to the unit aircraft and assigned mission.
3. Knowledge of theory and operation of aircraft systems to be able to troubleshoot malfunctions and problems, and determine the extent of repairs and involvement of others in expediting return to combat ready status.
4. Skill and knowledge to resolve problems and devise solution when aircraft are not at home station, or at a location where the full complement of support equipment, supplies, parts, tools, and maintenance personnel are available
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
2A3XX, 2A5X1, 2A5X2, 2A5X4, 2A6XX, 2A8X1, 2A8X2C, 2A8X1C, 2A8X1E, 2A8X2E
APPLICANT MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)