APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and be able to qualify for the following AFSC : 2A378
Max Military Grade: E-7/MSgt
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds may be authorized for this position if funds are available.
Note: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
Note: Individual selected will receive a permanent appointment.
Note: This is a UTC tasked position.
QUALIFICATION: Production Supervisor, GS-1101-11, E-7
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience which demonstrates the ability to plan and organize aircraft maintenance on the flightline; experience which required the applicant to review work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience which demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with other people and gain cooperation in achieving common goals. Experience developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating, analyzing and recommending changes in methods of operations. Experience preparing written communications and oral presentations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of the maintenance, modification, and repair of various types of complex aviation components and equipment on combat or test aircraft.
2. Knowledge of the activity, staff, support operations, manpower, equipment, supplies, and materials, etc., to develop short- and long-range plans and schedules of maintenance workloads.
3. Knowledge and experience to observe and analyze production operations to determine if schedules are being followed, improved, and to determine the causes of production delays.
4. Knowledge of quality assurance sufficient to ensure compliance with Air Force directives and guidelines, gained through supervisory experience.
5. Knowledge and in-depth understanding of the capabilities of equipment possessed and of the specialty shops, and all possible work sequences available in the production facility to ensure that all maintenance and production goals are attained expeditiously and economically with no degradation to the training or mission objectives.
6. Knowledge of various types of readiness evaluations/inspections such as Self Inspections, Unit Evaluation Inspections and support exercises.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc.
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.