APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and be able to qualify for the following AFSC : 2AX7X or 2WX7X
Max Military Grade: E-7/MSgt
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds may be authorized if funds are available.
Note: Must possess a 7-level.
Note: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
QUALIFICATION: Quality Assurance Specialist, GS-1910-11, E5-E7
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving a thorough knowledge of product or range of products involved, the manufacturing methods and techniques, special processes, test and performance requirements; and skill in developing plans and programs. Experience possessed by an expert in the area of specialization able to give technical direction to otherwise competent workers. Experience determining operations when difficult and questionable phases of malfunctions are found. Experience which required significant and concrete work accomplishments (i.e. special projects, working groups, or detailing assignments) involving interpersonal contacts in a quality assurance or related field. Experience in dealing with management principles and supervisory responsibility for the function required by type of position to be filled and the organization involved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of the maintenance quality assurance program to include principles, concepts and methodology, Maintenance Standardization Evaluation Program (MSEP).
2. Knowledge of the practices, policies and procedures of related functional and administrative activities such of engineering disposition requests and maintenance production. General knowledge of the TCTO and QDR process and the interface/coordination with depot engineering.
3. Knowledge of systems, subsystems and end item components and the functional relationships among components and subsystems, and test and measurement techniques.
4. Knowledge of inspection and evaluation techniques, production management, and database management skills to perform root cause, deficiency, and trend analysis.
5. Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures relating to aircraft maintenance, ground, occupational health and environmental compliance.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
- Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc.
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.