In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this METEOROLOGICAL TECHNICIAN position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training involving performing meteorological watch; and communicating effectively orally and in writing. Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-1341-08 Must have at least 18 months experience, education, or training which provided a familiarity with weather regulation, policies, requirements, and standards. Experience developing and operating systems involved with data collection, verification, information dissemination, observation, and forecasting services and systems.
GS-1341-09 Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in applying principles and procedures of various meteorological models and forecasting techniques. Experience collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating numerous meteorological and oceanographic charts, planning, organizing and coordinating work.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelors degree (a) with major study in an appropriate field of physical science, or (b) that included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of courses such as meteorology, mathematics, engineering, or physical science for GS-05 positions.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Considerable knowledge of meteorological methods, techniques and practices including weather observing, forecasting, communications, meteorological equipment and support procedures in determining how local and world-wide conditions, reports and observations from various sources affect world-wide weather forecasts, the extent of change, and whether to take action to protect aircraft.
2. Skill in the development and operation of data collection, verification, information dissemination, observation and forecasting services and systems.
3. Skill in providing effective weather briefings to senior staff and DoD customers.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)