SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is located in the Job Control Section of the Maintenance Control Branch. The purpose of this position is to provide planning, scheduling and control of aircraft maintenance through a variety of support maintenance shops.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
General: Experience, education, or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity.
Specialized: 24 months experience in the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) as listed below. Such experience, education, or training must be in preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production of facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned; arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes; and with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status. Experience may not be substituted by education.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities (KSAs): In your application and/or resume please address the following factors in detail, giving dates of the experience and training. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a separate sheet(s) addressing the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and how they relate to work experience, education or training. This document will be used to determine the PAY GRADE to which an applicant may qualify.
- Knowledge of assigning jobs and job control numbers either manually or through the IMDS Computer System.
- Skill in using the Maintenance Information System (MIS) to input aircraft statuses and flying time.
- Ability to maintain visual aids depicting maintenance actions and status of aerospace vehicles.
- Ability to work with the Production Superintendent to assist in making on-the-spot adjustments to maintenance repair priorities necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirement.
- Skill in using the maintenance communications and transportation systems to provide for the effective transmission of information and movement of material and maintenance personnel.
- Knowledge in developing, maintaining, and executing current procedural check sheets for use during actions such as mass munition loads, combat turnarounds, ground emergencies, severe weather warning, or evacuation.
The federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees which may include Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Insurance, Annual Leave, Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and Retirement Program. For additional information about current federal benefits visit web site http://www.opm.gov
The South Dakota National Guard is an equal opportunity employer and cannot discriminate against an employee or applicant with respect to the terms, conditions or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (includes gender or sexual harassment), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability (including pregnancy), marital status or political affiliation. Applicants or employees may contact the South Dakota National Guard Equal Employment Office at 605-737-6635 if they believe they have been the victim of unlawful discrimination.