ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITIONS:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
(1) Program Management: Plans, directs, controls, and oversees all elements of the Education, Training and Distance Learning Programs. Ensures Unit Training Managers (UTMs) and Additional Duty Training Managers (ADTMs) are qualified in, and knowledgeable of their responsibilities. Incumbent supports unit-training programs contributing to mission capability, and administers military training programs for all units serviced by the Force Support Squadron (FSS). Manages programs involving on-the¬ job training (OJT), formal school training, Air Force Institute Advanced Distributed Learning (AFIADL) training, Professional Military Education (PME), and ancillary training.
(2) Advisory Services: Provides Education and Training advisory services to commanders and staff on all education and training programs. Advises commanders, unit personnel, and training activities on ways to improve their OJT program. Recommends cost-effective processes to meet specialty qualifications, skill level upgrade requirements, and PME applications. Explains goals and objectives; provide instructional methods, and determines training requirements. Analyzes training data for trends, advises the installation commander, and coordinates corrective action.
(3) Program Analysis, Monitoring, and Reporting: Monitors OJT programs for assigned units. Establishes local policies and procedures to provide a uniform and effective internal OJT program. Trains unit training managers (UTMs) and additional duty training managers (ADTMs) to familiarize them with concepts, scope, objectives, and procedures pertinent to OJT, and with regard to the responsibilities of commanders, supervisors, trainers, certifiers, and trainees in the organizations supported. Reviews personnel records and reports to determine training status of assigned personnel.
(4) Classification: Confers with management and other key operating personnel to discuss training needs, problems and goals. Establishes training objectives through analysis of training reports, unit input, course feedback, and USAF, ANG, and gaining command directives. Manages personnel Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) classification and oversees the utilization of assigned personnel. Monitors the classification system to ensure all personnel identified for upgrade meet the mandatory requirements for award of the AFSC.
(5) Staff Assistance: Inspects activities pertaining to Base Education and Training for compliance with policies and instructions on a periodic basis. Reviews programs to evaluate adherence to management procedures. Discusses findings and initiates action to correct deficiencies and maintain follow-up to ensure corrective action is taken. Resolve technical problems. Conducts staff visits and trains personnel within the unit for all education and training programs for which they are responsible.
(6) Data Management: Manages data in computer based systems. OPR and trainer for UTMs on the use of Training Business Area (TBA) and Air Force Training Record (AFTR), Military Personnel Data System (MILPDS) and Advance Distributed Learning System (ADLS).
(7) Distant Learning Management: Serves as the Distance Learning (DL) Office point of contact. Processes, manages, and controls Air Education & Training Command (AETC) Type 6 technical training requirements locally. Administers controlled examinations. Manages training resources for distance learning courses. Oversees classroom scheduling, base access for civilians, troubleshoots video broadcasts, advertises broadcasts, and customer relations for outside agencies utilizing distance learning.
(8) Data Review and Analysis: Ensures accuracy of MILPDS data and performs functional review of data reliability. Processes upgrade training, retraining, withdrawal from training, and related training actions for input into appropriate information data systems. Retrieves data from various information sources for use in answering questions, responding to correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings.
(9) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE SEE HRO FOR FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION