The description of your work experience in your application (resume with acceptable format) must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the following knowledge, skill, and abilities shown below to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position being filled:
1. Ability to do the work of Electronic Measurement Equipment Helper without more than normal supervision. (THIS IS A SCREENOUT ELEMENT. SCREENOUT ELEMENTS ARE THE CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES THAT ARE ESSENTIAL FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE.)
2. Working knowledge of and have the ability to overhaul, repair, fabricate, calibrate, or modify electronic precision measurement equipment and related systems.
3. Electronics shop and trade practices. (e.g., layouts, setup, and perform operations based on electronic theories and use of related instruments)
4. Theory of electronics (e.g., digital and solid state integrated circuits, transistors, diodes, tube circuits, antennas, signal transmission, oscillation and amplification, Ohms Law, etc.)
5. Ability to read electronic diagrams, specifications, and schematics.
6. Dexterity in the use of hand/power tools, testing equipment, and measurement equipment for electronics assembly and disassembly.
7. Ability to troubleshoot electronics measurement equipment and related systems to determine nature of malfunctions and corrective actions required.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Other Significant Facts:
1) Appointment is contingent upon passing a physical examination.
2) Incumbent is required to obtain and maintain appropriate background investigation or security clearance.
3) This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
4) May be required to possess a valid operators license to drive a motor vehicle to and from work sites.
5) May be required to work rotating shifts or uncommon tours of duty.
6) May be subject to call back in emergency situations.
Physical Demands: Frequently lifts and carries, unassisted, items weighing up to 40 pounds. Sometimes required to lift and carry items weighing more than 40 pounds with the help of weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers. The work requires working in a sitting position for extended periods of time, frequent standing, walking, bending, crouching, reaching and stooping are also required. Some work may require the aid of magnifying lenses, eye loupes and microscopes to accomplish repairs on miniature components; Ability to distinguish basic colors.
Working Environment: Employee typically works in well-lighted, heated and ventilated areas. May be required to work at remote user locations under variable conditions or within clean room environments where special garments including head coverings, shoe coverings and gloves are required. Exposed to the possibility of electric shock; burns from electrical or RF energy or hot solder; and cuts and bruises.
NOTE: If you want to change and/or add information to your application package (resume with acceptable format) during the open period of this announcement, you will need to reapply (to include completing the online questionnaire) and include the changed and/or added information with your application package. This will ensure you receive full consideration for this position.