The following list is not comprehensive but provides a snapshot of some of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Manages, plans, organizes, controls, and directs the communications activities of the Wing/Base Flying Unit to ensure mission accomplishment and optimum use of resources.
- Coordinates communications activities and projects with other concerned agencies and/or organizations.
- Coordinates with support organizations to assure an integrated approach to solution of problems.
- Ensures formulation of comprehensive training plans for each function and specialty within the C4 and logistics activity.
- Monitors and controls the daily expenditure for material and manpower resources in accomplishment of peacetime and wartime mission goals.
- Develops an Information Technology (IT) acquisition process, which satisfies the provisions of the Information Technology Management Reform Act (ITMRA) while incorporating the Air Force Corporate Process and the DOD Acquisition structure.
- Ensures all support agreements and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), are appropriately coordinated and approved. Service Level Agreements with enterprise domain entities will be reviewed for local customer impact. Ensures quality of service issues are clearly identified, prioritized and resolutions pursued for effective mission accomplishment.
- Works under the broad and general direction of the Administrative Officer (Support Officer).
- Prepares and maintains files and publications IAW current directives to include both paper and electronic media.
- Coordinates with higher headquarters (HHQ) elements, Program Management Offices, Specific System/Hardware Support Elements, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) vendors and vendor contracted support facilities for issue resolution.
- Responsible for safety conditions, procedures, and work practices employed within the community.
- Provides input to and coordinate on relevant support agreements that require section support to make sure they correctly identify products and services needed.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, reviews technical periodicals, publications, commercial standards, and attends seminars.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience which provided that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 36 months specialized experience that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where it involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of computer operations, information systems infrastructure and information management.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures to ensure sustained mission performance, personnel administration, EEO, safety and overall good order and discipline of the unit.
- Skilled in evaluating and making recommendations for Wing Information Technology purchases and upgrades.
- Skill in organizing work in a logical sequence.
- Ability to research and analyze data, set goals and objectives to support operations necessary to accomplish Information Technology and telecommunications function programs essential to Wing daily operations, training and readiness missions.
- Ability to organize, control and direct Communications and Information activities to ensure mission accomplishment and optimum use of resources.
- Ability to set policies, develop guidance memorandums and direct fiscal funds management.
- Ability to communicate activities and projects with other concerned agencies and/or organizations orally and in writing.
For positions requring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret), selectee must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Officer member in AFSC: 17DX.
Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).