DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is located in the Distribution Section of the Deployment and Distribution Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Distribution Manager, which provides technical expertise and support relating to the movement of equipment, supplies, and personnel for both peacetime and wartime. Manages, directs, develops, plans, and analyzes deployment and distribution management programs.
(1) Serves as the sole technical transportation advisor to all statewide or base operating officials on all matters dealing with commercial movement of personnel and equipment. Analyzes and advises on transportation considerations relative to the domestic and international movement of equipment, supplies, and personnel via surface and air modes. Develops, maintains, and exercises the commercial traffic functions of mobilization plans, as well as training programs for managers and mobilization augmentees on related transportation subjects. Assists the Defense Movement Coordinator (DMC), as required, with the preparation of the commercial transportation portions of the Automated Unit Equipment List (AUEL).
(2) Manages all materiel distribution activities, including organic ground transportation for cargo and personnel. Uses military and commercial transportation to move cargo and personnel using a multitude of vehicles in direct support of mission requirements. This includes light and heavy-duty vehicles such as buses, truck and semi-trailer combinations, forklifts, and wrecker/recovery vehicles. Administers and facilitates operations associated with packaging, classifying, and arranging cargo for shipment or storage. Plans, organizes, and directs vehicle transportation to support operational missions.
(3) Ensures that traffic management and transportation services required to support the mission are accomplished. This includes services incident to receiving, processing, and dispatching commodity and passenger traffic; to include demurrage charges, drayage and other accessorial services not directly related to line-haul movements. Ensures the preparation of Transportation Discrepancy Reports (TDR) and other documents in support of government claims against carriers for freight loss and damage or failure to provide contracted services. Reconciles Commercial Bills of Lading to verify receipt and shipment of equipment and supplies. Serves as a technical advisor for shipments of hazardous materials, and cargo, ensuring the proper packaging, marking, labeling, identification, and manifesting for transportation. Monitors and ensures proper handling, packaging, and shipping of arms, ammunition, explosives, Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI), and classified/sensitive items. Incumbent safeguards accountable transportation documents, which may include: Government Bills of Lading, Government Transportation Requests, and Uniform Service Meal Tickets.
(4) Inspects, or provides for inspection of, commercial carrier terminals to locate and expedite delivery of astray government shipments. Ensures carrier capability complies with government requirements and specifications. Manages the Carrier Performance Program for the state and provides input to Surface Deployment and Distribution Command.
(5) Reviews, as required, individual paperwork associated with a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Personally Performed Moves (PPMs) to ensure requested reimbursement on charges are in line with a commercial PCS move.
(6) Procures domestic and international travel for both military and civilian passengers. Reviews the travel arrangements provided by the Travel Services Contractor ensuring that special fares and/or discounts are utilized when feasible. Ensures advance procurement of transportation services to achieve greatest overall cost efficiency and oversees the audit of the Travel Services Contractor for application of appropriate discounts for official travel. Monitors the approved Travel Agent for official travel for quality assurance as a Contract Officer Representative (COR). Advises travelers on entitlements and responsibilities and manages the processing of refunds for unused commercial tickets into the government accounting system. Ensures all travel requests are accompanied by approved travel orders and reconciles billing of requested travel services.
(7) Provides coordination, as required, for the bases Space Available (A) travel program which may include but is not limited to: oversight of the manifesting of passengers, coordination with Base Operations and Security, checking passenger credentials to determine authorization for Space A use, and/or providing security and safety briefings to passengers.