The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to manage work in support of knowledge management (KM) initiatives. As such, incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Provide support to unit planning, organizing, and overseeing the activities of the Communication unit with direct oversight of Knowledge Management Center (KMC) training, readiness, and capabilities. Serves as subject matter expert for both existing and emerging technology programs.
- Develop goals and objectives that integrate organization and section objectives in administering Intranet SharePoint, Data Management, Intranet Portal systems ensuring functionality and implementation.
- Support local Knowledge Management initiatives designed to identify, capture, evaluate, retrieve, and share the knowledge management programs of the organization.
- Supervise work in supporting Information Management Tools (IMTs), Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) and Information Access Programs.
- Advise on Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) KM programs implementation and sustainment.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of this position. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).(1) Knowledge of Knowledge Management (KM principles, concepts, systems, and tools sufficient to assist in planning and maintaining KM services; to implement test, and configure SharePoint, Portal and EIS capabilities; and to instruct customers in accessing services. Knowledge of KM Programs (i.e. records management, Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act, administrative communications, Information Management Tools and other support functions to assist client). (2) Knowledge of configuration management concepts and life cycle management concepts sufficient to identify the need to upgrade or enhance system capabilities in response to data collection, data management and storage. (3) Ability to apply troubleshooting and data analysis methods to resolve operating problems. (4) Knowledge of military organizational theory and structure, intermediate and gaining command structure and relations, and mobilization directives and practices. (5) Knowledge in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity.
Substitution of Education for experience: A Masters or equivalent graduate degree (LL.B. or J.D.) or 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education.
ORCombining Experience and Education: Equivalent combinations or successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirements. For more information on combining experience and education, please refer to website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-IV/A/GS-ADMIN.HTM NOTE: Foreign education must be evaluated by an approved organization. The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may be of some help in providing information on these organizations. Visit: Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/ ***Also include an English translation of the foreign trans<="" in="" on="" of="" for="" help="">cript. ***
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (2) Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance required by the position. (3) May be required to work shift work or uncommon tours of duty with limited/no notice. (4) Positions works in a high stress environment, requiring rapid response decisions.