DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides IT engineering and installation services to DoD, MAJCOM, NGB and base level customers. Performs IT architectural design and engineering work for complete IT systems, downward directed programs/systems, Internet Protocol (IP)-based systems and circuits, one-of-a-kind systems, routine upgrades, and system enhancements. Analyzes capabilities and performance, identifies problems, and directs corrective actions to provide seamless integration, proper configuration, operation, defense, restoration, and improvements. Deploys, sustains, troubleshoots and repairs standard voice, data and video network infrastructure systems, IP detection systems and cryptographic equipment. Directs activities for installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, deploying, and modifying cyberspace systems and equipment platforms and evaluates facilities layout and performance standards. Researches, interprets and applies appropriate technical and policy guidance for each assigned project. Ensures downward directed IT projects/programs integrate with existing infrastructures.
2. Manages and directs engineering and installations training and operations in garrison and at deployed locations by performing duties to develop, sustain, and enhance network and electromagnetic capabilities to defend national interests from attack. Ensures personnel are trained, equipped, and available to perform the assigned mission. Conducts career field development and mentoring for subordinate cyberspace support personnel. Plans and organizes cyberspace support activities.
3. Produces IT architectural installation project packages. Coordinates project requirements with affected Communication and Information Systems Officer (CSO) to ensure system inter-operability, compatibility, and cost effectiveness of the proposed technical solution. Directs activities responsible for system analysis and design, programming, operations and maintenance, security, systems management, technical support, plans, implementation, and resource management. Researches, interprets, and implements policies, directives, and procedures to ensure proposed requirement(s) conform to policies, standards, and guidelines. Develops detailed design specifications. Identifies source of major equipment items and necessary logistical lead-time required. Advises the CSO on potential problems or delays.
4. Configures, installs, maintains, reconstitutes, removes, relocates, overhauls, and modifies IP-based systems, circuits, and intrusion detection systems, physical and wireless Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), ground radio, satellite, and telemetry communications, command and control, weather, ground aircraft control and warning radar systems, air traffic control radio, meteorological and navigational aid systems, and airfield systems and other equipment platforms. Manages infrastructure devices and systems using the latest approved software tools. Applies communications security programs to include physical, cryptographic, transmission, and emission security.
5. Conducts on-site engineering surveys to gather specific project information. Prepares reports on maintaining, installing, repairing, removing, and siting of IP-based systems, circuits, and intrusion detection systems, physical and wireless Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), ground radio, satellite, and telemetry communications, command and control, weather, ground aircraft control and warning radar systems, air traffic control radio, meteorological and navigational aid systems, and airfield systems and other equipment platforms. Prepares sketches, drawings, and lists of material. Uses various surveying instruments and measuring devices to validate system feasibility and layout. Performs surveying duties. Conducts reconnaissance, site location, construction, and mapping surveys Utilizing auto-levels, electronic total stations, resource and survey grade Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment and related instruments to complete surveys. Performs Geographic Information System (GIS) duties.
6. Manages implementation and project installation and ensures architecture, configuration, and integration conformity. Develops, plans, and integrates base communications systems. Serves as advisor at meetings for facility design, military construction programs and minor construction planning. Determines and coordinates project support requirements with installation or base officials. Develops Project Support Agreements, Statements of Intent, and Statements of Work as required. Plans, programs, and develops budget inputs to ensure resource availability for operational requirements.
7. Conducts on-site IT engineering assistance visits as required. Identifies cross functional dependencies such as Civil Engineering. Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective action.8. Performs other duties as assigned.