Applicants must meet the Basic Qualification requirements for XXX positions. To view the OPM Qualification Standards click on the following link:
The above link should be used in conjunction with the following link for general information on qualifying education, experience, and combination of education and experience requirements which are defined based on the level of the position being filled:
To meet additional Qualification Requirements, applicants must have at least one year or 52 weeks of Specialized Experience equivalent to the DR-04 band level or GS-15 grade level in the Federal Service or equivalent in an alternate pay system. Specialized experience must include professional engineering OR computer science experience leading and managing collaboration and computational activities, such as Enterprise Business Systems, information technology strategy and policy, information assurance policy and planning, or high performance computing.
In addition, applicants are required to provide separate narrative statements for each of the FOUR categories identified below to describe concisely how your experience supports each of the following Mandatory Qualifications. Failure to address these specific qualifications in separate narrative statements will eliminate applicants from consideration:
Mandatory Qualifications (Limit narrative to 2 pages for Specialized Experience Statement and Technical Depth and Breadth):
1) Specialized Experience: See above for definition.
2) Technical Depth and Breadth: Experience must have depth and breadth in at least two of the following Science and Engineering technical areas:
a. Research and development program management in such areas as in-house, exploratory or advanced development technologies.
b. Test and evaluation management in such areas as the execution of flight or ground test programs, the acquisition of test instrumentation/facilities, and/or the oversight of test range/facilities.
c. Product acquisition engineering and technical management in the development, integration, test and/or production of systems/subsystems and components.
d. Product sustainment engineering and technical management in the modification and maintenance, repair and/or overhaul of systems/subsystems and components.
e. Intelligence engineering and technical management in the collection, integration and production of intelligence and the support of intelligence systems.
f. Information Technology, computer science or computer engineering and technical management in the research, development, integration, acquisition, production, modification and/or sustainment of information or communications systems/subsystems and components.
3) Mandatory Technical Qualifications (TQs) (Limit to 1 page per TQ):
a. Broad knowledge of Information Technology, High Performance Computing, Cyberspace Operations Center and Enterprise Business System research and development policy and processes AND experience planning and executing strategies.
b. Ability to provide technical direction and leadership to lead a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, program managers, specialists and information technology (IT) specialists for the implementation of innovative IT technical concepts.
c. Ability to assist Senior Leadership in the identification and development of Science and Technology Reinvention Laboratory (STRL), Component, and Department of Defense vision/goals/objectives of national scope and impact.
d. Ability to build collaborative relationships and advise senior leadership within the DoD/AF/AFMC Chief Information Officer (CIO) and A6 communities to execute AFRL IT and Information Assurance policy/initiatives.
4) Other Qualifications (The following will be used to help rate and rank eligible candidates.)
a. Complementary Assignment, regardless of government agency or department, a non-Scientist & Engineer (S&E) occupational series such as those found in Program Management, Logistics, Financial Management, etc.
b. Corporate Breadth, assignments at more than one base/installation/operating location and Major Command (MAJCOM) / Combatant Comment (COCOM) HQs or Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) or Joint Staff or SAF/HAF, with at least one geographic relocation.
c. Leadership, successful performance as a first or second-level Supervisor, in an occupational series, for at least 12 months.
d. Education: i. Baccalaureate degree in a technical or scientific field, such as engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, operations research, or computer science, or a related field; AND a graduate degree (technical, scientific or management);
AND ii. Completion of one of the following Senior Development Education (Professional Military Education) courses: Air War College, Air Force National Laboratories Technical Fellowship Program, Defense Senior Leader Development Program, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, RAND Fellowship Program e. Level 3 Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) certification or equivalent in any of the following: Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE); Engineering, Science and Technology Manager; Test and Evaluation or Information Technology.PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY OR MEET BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS? You MUST provide college or university transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements. However, you must show proof of the education credentials have been deemed to be equivalent at least to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For more information click here.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
· This may/may not be a Testing Designated Position. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
· A one-year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement. Position includes supervisory responsibilities.
· Executive Leadership Development Initiative (ELDI) prerequisites:
o An advanced degree
o Geographic mobility
o Senior Development Education / Professional Military Education completion or enrollment
· Position requires a Top Secret security clearance.
· Incumbent must file an OGE Form 278, Public Financial Disclosure.
· This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP). The incumbent must meet, or be capable of meeting Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position. This position requires Level III Critical Certification in Identify Category (e.g., Science and Technology Management (STM)).
· This is a Critical Acquisition Position. Unless specifically waived by the appropriate Component Official, or if the employee is "grandfathered" under 10 U.S.C. 1736(c)(1), the following are statutorily mandated requirements (Reference: 10 U.S.C. 1733 and 1737):
o Selectee must be a member of an Acquisition Corps at time of appointment.
o Selectee must execute, as a condition of employment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in this position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such an agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
· For any selected candidate that is not currently an employee within AFRL, the selected candidate will be reassigned to an AFRL DR-04 (GS-15 equivalent) position and then temporarily promoted to the DR-05 for not more than 5 years. At the completion of the temporary promotion, the employee may be returned to a DR-04 position in AFRL. The employee will be converted to an extended temporary promotion upon publication of the authority in the Laboratory Personnel Management Demonstration Project Federal Register. The extended temporary promotion may be utilized for up to a 5 year period and/or extended in 5 year increments.