EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. Ability to operate farm-type tractors and to perform manual labor. Knowledge of grounds maintenance work and seasonal gardening.
1. Ability to do the work of a Tractor Operator (Gardener) without more than normal supervision (Screen Out).
2. Knowledge of and ability to make connections from equipment to the tractor,
3. Knowledge of operating characteristics and skill to operate tractors and manipulate equipment controls simultaneously.
4. Knowledge of safety practices, regulations, and procedures. Knowledge of seasonal gardening tasks, grounds maintenance, and how to apply fertilizer
5. Skill in judging clearances, heights, and turning angles of tractor and towed vehicles/equipment. Skill and ability to adjust equipment for various job requirements.
6. Skill in using and maintaining hand and power tools, such as seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, etc.
7. Ability to follow instructions, work orders, specifications, etc., and to document actions taken. Ability to perform operator maintenance on tractors and associated equipment.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. An appropriate, valid drivers license is required for the position.
2. The employee man be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include holidays.
3. The employee may be required to provide training and guidance to lower grade workers.
4. This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing fro drug use.
5. This is a Temporary position not to exceed 31 Oct 2017. The individual selected for this position may be extended up to two years without further competition.