In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
You must meet the following qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement and provide documentation to support your qualifications (If you are using education to qualify, failure to submit the required documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. See sections on "College Transcripts" and "Foreign Education" below for required documentation.)
A. Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamic, properties of materials, and electronics.
B. Combination of Experience/Education: education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of basic principles of physical and environmental science.
- Skill in communicating factual and procedural information clearly, orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn basic techniques in physical science.
- Ability to analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The work is primarily performed sitting at a desk although it may involve some walking to attend meeting at other offices or worksites.
- No special physical exertion is required.
- The work is performed in an office setting with adequate lighting, heat and ventilation.
- The work involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions.
- May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.