· Performs selected tasks and phases of routine studies and projects that require application of basic occupational field theory and principles in the technical area of human resources management.
· Participates with senior personnel in conducting non-routine projects.
· Provides assistance in planning, monitoring, and conducting special studies, projects, and initiatives.
*NOTE: Duties may vary slightly dependent upon human resources function, i.e. staffing, classification, employee relations, manpower, etc.
For GS-04 grade level: Completion of 60 semester hours or more of post high school study leading towards a qualifying degree (i.e. associates, bachelors, masters, etc.).
For GS-05 grade level: Completion of 120 semester hours or more leading towards a bachelors degree OR receipt of bachelors degree and current enrollment/recent acceptance into a graduate degree program.
For GS-07 grade level: Completion of 18 semester hours or more of graduate level education OR completion of degree requirements for a bachelors degree with Superior Academic Achievement and current enrollment/recent acceptance into a graduate degree program.
NOTE: Superior Academic Achievement is defined in the "General Policies and Instructions" for Qualifications Standards Operating Manual located at the following link: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=General-PoliciesRECOMMENDED AREAS OF STUDY: Business related field of study such as human resource management
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide UPDATED transcripts that show any/all degrees conferred, current grades/registration, and cumulative GPA to support your educational claims. Acceptance letter is also required if applicable to current academic status. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof of the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For more information click here.
You must be a student currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited college or university AND:
- Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate)
- Maintain good academic standing, generally at least a 2.0 GPA for undergraduate programs and a 3.0 GPA for graduate program on a 4.0 scale
- Meet the qualification standards of the position at the time of application
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must sign a Pathways Internship Program Participant Agreement; furnish course registration information at the start of each school term; and provide verification of academic status (transcript) at the end of each academic term
- A U.S. citizen or a U.S. national (i.e. resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act and eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Department of the Air Force offers excellent benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and a 401K-type retirement plan. For more information click here.
At the option of the Agency, students who successfully complete all educational, work and other eligibility requirements of the program may be considered for conversion to a permanent or term position upon completion of degree requirements. Please note: conversion potential is at management's discretion and based on factors such as budget, organizational need, student performance, education, etc. Conversion is not guaranteed.
Interns may be considered for noncompetitive conversion to a term or permanent appointment within 120 days of completion of degree requirements, if they meet the following:
· A U.S. citizen
· Successfully complete academic course of study with a GPA of at least 2.0 on scale of
· 4.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 on scale of 4.0 (graduate)
· Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program
· Meet the OPM Qualification requirements for the position the intern may be converted into
· Maintain acceptable performance
Pathways Interns may be non-competitively converted to career ladder positions, e.g., GS-0201-07 target 12, human resource management career ladder position.
Any applicant tentatively selected for this position may be required to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with the selective service system (or have an exemption) to be eligible for federal employment. For additional information or to register, click here .
The entire period served under the Internship Program counts as the participants trial period.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
EEO Statement: THE DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Selection will be made without regard to non-merit factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, politics, disability, or sexual orientation, which do not relate to successful performance of the duties of the position except where specifically authorized by law. This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individuals employment experience will be used only to determine the persons qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individuals personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.