General: Experience in administrative, professional, investigative, technical, or other responsible work that demonstrates the applicants skill in written and oral communication, analytical ability, and ability to deal effectively with others.
Specialized Experience GS-1035-11: Must have 36 months of experience involving the writing of new materials to motivate others to follow or accept a certain course or concept; experience in editing, developing, advertising or a related field; experience in working with others to obtain, clarify, or give facts relating to a specific situation; experience that involves instructing others to understand information which was presented in a formal or structured setting such as media briefings, press calls, etc.; experience that involved performing consulting duties to a program function where the applicant demonstrates to others the benefits of services provided, such as management analysis, etc.
Knowledge of and skill in modifying or adapting standard communication methods to new informational materials with the goal of enhancing public, special interest group or NG members understanding and support of NG programs and/or significant issues.
Knowledge of and skill in gathering and evaluating data from a variety of sources concerning the effectiveness of communication programs in reaching their target audience.
Knowledge of and skill in developing new informational materials, including news releases, internal publications, fact sheets and radio and television spots.
Knowledge of communication skills (written and verbal) sufficient for developing UPARs Public Affairs training materials and administrative skills sufficient to oversee and evaluate the UPARs training program.
Knowledge of organizational and research skills sufficient to locate archived subject specific print and broadcast media materials, and use these as a basis for developing current articles on the same subject or issue.
Knowledge of NG programs and ability to apply judgment skills sufficient for determining whether controversial information should be released for internal/external public use.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|Date Posted||April 9, 2018|
|Date Closes||May 9, 2018|
|Located In||Los alamitos, CA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories