The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages, directs, and implements the local formulation and publication of installation deployment guidance based on regulations, manuals, instructions, and directives issued by higher headquarters.
- Identifies all required deployment/redeployment support with the Wing Staff Air Mobility/Command (AMC) and Air Combat Command (ACC) regarding the transportation of equipment and personnel.
- Plans, develops, directs, and conducts deployment training for the wing and subordinate units.
- Reviews Operation Plans (OPLANS), Concept Plans (CONPLANS), Concept of Operations (CONOP); and USAF Special Operations, Exercise, and Exercise Order plans received from and directed by higher headquarters (or locally generated) to determine overall wing and subordinate unit tasking.
- Manages the wing support agreement program for the Commander.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 36 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience identifying activities involving logistical support operations.
- Experience integrating the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan.
- Experience monitoring such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan.
- Experience identifying delays or problems and developing corrective actions.
- Experience working with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, and complying with regulations, laws, or practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and ability to integrate the total logistics planning system of supply, maintenance, transportation, contracting, and operations.
- Ability to utilize analytical and statistical methods and procedures including electronic data processing, AF operations and organizations, and fiscal management techniques; involved in the formulation of policies, procedures, and programs, facilities, personnel management, security, medical, administrative, comptroller, and legal activities.
- Knowledge of the Joint Chief of Staff (JCS) operations planning process.
- Skill and ability to develop, write, instruct, and evaluate training.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate diverse data and formulate into coherent practical operations.
- Knowledge of computer operations, software applications, and systems management.
- Knowledge of the AF and DOD structure (USAF, ANG, AFRES, USN, USMC, USA) which affects the use of program and related support resources (people, money or equipment) in relation to the logistics plans process.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: All applications will be considered regardless of AFSC. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to compatible military position within 1 year of selection. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technician school training.
- MILITARY GRADE (Prior to appointment): Officer: O1 through O3
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: AFSC: 21RX
- UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: 103d LRS or any subordinate unit.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: This position requires a security clearance (Secret) which the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (see http://www.sss.gov/).
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program (incentives). In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your serving incentive manager (CTARNG - G1 or CTANG -
Retention Office) prior to accepting an offer for the position. For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to
include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program, the following termination rule applies:
- Incentive Termination without Recoupment: If you accept an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) position or a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent position where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment as long as you have served at least 6 months of the bonus contract following receipt of the initial bonus payment.