In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
All series personnel must be certified at the next higher level before being eligible for that level and must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level. An applicant must have a validated understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the occupational series and grade.
Is experience that prepares the applicant to perform the duties of the position. To qualify, may substitute the applicants educational-degree study program or specific academic courses for some specialized experiences.
The primary purpose of this position is to execute the unit Emergency Management (EM), Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN), and Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) emergency response, logistics, and training programs. The position develops, manages, and executes the EM programs, ensuring all military, civilian and contract personnel are trained and equipped to support home station and worldwide contingency operations.
Skilled in preparing and briefing emergency management plans. Ability to speak distinctly. Knowledgeable in personnel activations and deployments. Knowledge of readiness status reports. Knowledge of readiness status reports. Competent in writing, designing, formatting, publishing, and presenting specific EM program assigned work to peers and immediate supervisors at workshops or special committee meetings. Knowledge is mandatory in the Emergency Management (EM), Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN), and Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) emergency response, logistics, and training programs. Working experiences and skills in developing, managing, and executing the EM programs that ensured all military, civilian and contract personnel were trained and equipped to support home station and worldwide contingency operations.
High School Diploma is required with successful completion of courses in algebra, biology, physics, chemistry, typing/keyboarding, computer operations, English grammar and composition, speech, and general science. College academic courses or technical school education in business management, speech, English grammar, algebra, biology, physics, chemistry, and computer operations are desirable. Must have successfully completed technical military training school basic EM Apprentice course and the CBRN Responders Course.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of and skill in applying a comprehensive range of principles, concepts and practices relating to emergency management operations in carrying out the full scope of emergency management operations for the ANG Aviation Wing and supported units.
2. Knowledge of a variety of emergencies, hazards, or natural and man-made/technological (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, high-yield explosives) incidents.
3. Thorough knowledge of emergency management and related directives, policies, regulations, procedures, and methods; and the collaboration and fostering of relationships between Federal, State, local governments and non-governmental organizations or the private sector, and their response mechanisms and authorities.
4. Knowledge is mandatory of the characteristics and effects of peacetime WMD and wartime conventional and CBRN weapons; detection and identification of CBRN contamination; threat analysis; passive defense measures; principles of contamination control; related technical information, policies, procedures, techniques, and equipment; and EM and contingency planning, training, operations, equipment supply procedures, directives, and policies.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)
3. HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT (PLEASE DOWNLOAD UNDER "TRANSCRIPT")
4. PROOF OF COMPLETED TECHNICAL MILITARY TRAINING SCHOOL BASIC EM APPRENTICE
5. PROOF OF THE CBRN RESPONDERS COURSE