In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: WS-09 Must indicate 36 months of the following type of experience and possess journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel.
- Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes.
- Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS), LISTED BELOW, WILL BE USED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE IMPORTANT TO THE ENTIRE SELECTION PROCESS AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED SPECIFICALLY AND COMPLETELY IN THE APPLICATION.
- Ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel.
- Ability to review work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function.
- Ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes.
- Knowledge in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: A pre-employment physical or medical screening may be required for placement to this position. Selectee will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT) program as a condition of employment. SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position. Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at the PEC for new FTS personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination of FTS. Note: Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowance will not be authorized for this position. Authorization for payment of PCS expenses will be granted ONLY after determination is made that payment is in the best interest of the Government. ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov)