The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Officer position is to serve as the Force Support Squadron (FSS) Commander/Operations Officer. Incumbent of the position will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the Senior Air Reserve Technician (ART)
- Plan, organize, and manage the activities and support services of the organization such as Prime Ribs, Personnel/Human Resources (civilian and military), Education and Training, Airman and Family Readiness, Communications, Security Forces and in some cases Civil Engineering.
- Make technical and executive decisions for the squadron in all areas of functional responsibility.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the Wing Commander on force support issues.
- Represent the Force Support Squadron with a variety of installations and functional area organizations.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade or qualifying pay band or other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of concepts, principles, regulations and procedures applicable to manpower, personnel (civilian and military), services, education, readiness and budget execution. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
(KSAs): (1) Knowledge of a wide range of manpower and services concepts, principles, operations, laws, regulations, programs, and practices. (2) Extensive knowledge of the mission, roles, functions, organizational structure, management and operations. (3) Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations.(4) Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, appraise the staff of an organization directly and through subordinate staff.
Substitution of Education for Experience: None
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) If you are selected for an ART Officer position, you will be required to sign an mobility agreement prior to appointment. (2) Meet and maintain Air Force Reserve military requirements. Regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (3) Obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. (4) Formulate, determine or influence training policies of the unit to which assigned. (5) Work uncommon tour of duty. (6) This may be a drug testing designated position. The incumbent may be subject to random testing for drug use.