(1) Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop which is then completed by the technician and lower graded mechanic(s). Determines approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner. Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures. Estimates time, equipment and material requirements. Devises and maintains plans and records. May provide recommendations and input to supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, and leave.
(2) Performs the full range of shop work.
(3) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that other workers in the shop wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(4) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
**** A more comprehensive detailed description of the position may be found in Position Description "D1356000" in the employing unit or in the Human Resources Office ****