In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AVIATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying a variety of regulations and procedures. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in arranging or procuring transportation for personnel, cargo or freight. Experience in pre and post auditing of freight bills, bills of lading, and personnel transportation vouchers. Experience coordinating and negotiating with organizations/personnel both orally and in writing to resolve differences/problems. *For positions requiring supervisory functions; experience which included responsibility for the supervision and management of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in fields listed below leading to a bachelors degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements. Education -Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Broad knowledge of various aviation management programs, policies, requirements, and objectives to: determine eligibility and entitlement to incentive pay; publish aeronautical and military pay orders; review information received from finance, medical, personnel, and maintenance for use in the review and auditing of flight records to include: correct and current aeronautical orders, military pay orders, medical and physiological requirements, training requirements, flying hours, and Aviation Position Indicators.
2. Applies knowledge of aviation resource management principles, programs, policies, and practices, and skill in interpreting and explaining the law and regulations relating to all facets of administering the incentive pay programs (ACIP, CEFIP, & HDIP).
3. Applies knowledge of and skill in flight management principles and methods, to include management of the flying hour management program in order to provide documentation and reports to assist in the Wings effective use of the annual flying hour allocation.
4. Applies knowledge of software programs, i.e., Aviation Resource Management System, Oracle Browser, and various ad-hoc programs, to create or revise various reports, tables, or products to aid management in the development of policies, procedures, and strategies for an effective aviation program. Includes knowledge on installation of program updates, patches, or releases; interface requirements for use of ad hoc programs; how to troubleshoot system difficulties; and to repair or request system repairs.
5. Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of the program managed and in developing strategies for necessary improvements.
6. Ability to anticipate issues of potential sensitivity that arise during the administration of the Aviation Resource Management system.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)