GENERAL: Experience or training which demonstrates your knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles; knowledge of troubleshooting procedures used to isolate malfunctions in aircraft pneudraulic systems; and ability to use technical manuals, equipment specifications, and test calibration procedures in performing the work.
Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic, WG-8268-10: Must have 18 months experience or training which provided a knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles. Experience in fabricating fuel, oil and vacuum hose lines. Experience in servicing, maintaining, disassembling assembling, repairing and testing hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and overhauling pneudraulic accessories by disassembling, cleaning part and examining parts. Experience in diagnosing trouble and determining remedies. Experience in repairing, rebuilding and overhauling major systems of ground equipment and pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Experience in mechanical repairs using hand tools and test equipment. Experience that demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications and publications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic principles and physical laws governing the behavior of liquids and gases is required.
2. Knowledge of aircraft structures and the relationship of aircraft pneudraulic systems to the structure and to other aircraft systems.
3. Ability to plan work sequence and read and interpret technical orders, manufacturers specification manuals, schematics, etc. Ability to use hand tools, jigs, and fixtures.
4. Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles.
5. Skills in troubleshooting malfunctions and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.