Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position may be filled at the GS-04, GS-05, GS-07, or GS-09 grade level, depending on applicant qualifications and organizational requirements. The individual selected for this position may be considered for promotion to a higher grade without further competition upon meeting any legal and regulatory/program requirements.
Recommend areas of study: Seeking a Degree in any field which will include or will be supplemented by 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Business, Contracts, Economics, Finance, Industrial Management, Law, Marketing, Organization and Management.
To qualify for a GS-04: Completion of 2 academic years of post high school study or an associates degree in a related field of study
To qualify for a GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelors degree or completion of 4 academic years of pre-professional study.
To qualify for a GS-07: Completion of 1 academic year of graduate level education, or bachelors degree with Superior academic Achievement as provided in the "General Policies and Instructions" for Qualifications Standards Operating Manual (see link below), or 5 academic years of pre-professional study.
To qualify for a GS-09: Completion of 2 academic years of graduate level education or masters or equivalent graduate degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
Knowledge of basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices in the technical area of Contracting.
Skills in applying basic occupational theory, principles, concepts and practices sufficient to perform student trainee assignments.
Ability to follow instructions and guidance to complete assigned tasks and communicate information to others in oral or written format.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
2. This position is established under the provisions of the Pathways Internship Program.
3. Employee must meet Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university:
· Accepted for enrollment or are enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Baccalaureate Degree (Junior/Senior only), Graduate or Professional Degree
· Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate)
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.95 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:
· Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
· Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.