The following list is not comprehensive but provides a snapshot of some of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling. Inspects and performs functional checks such as landing gear retraction and operation checks on hydraulic, electrical, pressurization, lubrication, de-icing, vacuum, induction, and exhaust systems. Installs equipment such as external tanks, tow reels, hoists, and pylons.
- Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment. Performs major adjustments and alignments of aircraft systems or components and assists specialists as required. Removes and replaces aircraft components such as control surfaces, engines, constant speed drive, engine mounted gear boxes, wing fuel tanks or cells, landing gear mechanisms, wheels, brakes and tires. Services oil, fluid, fuel, hydraulic, and oxygen systems.
- May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention. Inventories, controls, stores and repairs 780 equipment. Accomplishes and reviews nonpowered AGE and 780 equipment records relating to assigned equipment.
- Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required. Assists the aircraft maintenance supply function in identifying parts and stock numbers and obtaining necessary parts and tools to perform assigned duties.
- Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members. Observes work and ensures compliance with standard procedures and applicable technical publications
- Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations. Ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.