In order to meet the Minimum Qualifications for this position at the WG-12 grade level, you must have at least 18 months of:
- experience or training that has provided the candidate with a basic knowledge of machining processes. Must have the ability to use drill presses, shapers, planers and other types of associated machine tools.
- experience or training performing the full range of machining operations on most types of conventional or CNC machine tools and their various attachments. Experience or training in planning and lay out work from blueprints, worksheets and other drawings that may have missing or incorrect information. Skill in applying shop mathematics in establishing needed dimensions, such as those required for chasing threads or machining angular surfaces; locating and marking surfaces and angles to be machined. Skill in programming machining operations, setting up and operating CNC machine tools. Knowledge of and ability to apply advanced shop mathematics such as geometric and trigonometric formulas to make computation for laying out work, machining pieces at unusual or compound angles, determining gear ratios pitch, angles and other similar exact or precision dimension.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that will be evaluated for this position include:
- Broad comprehensive knowledge of various machining operations, accepted machine trade methods and techniques, and skill in using any of the conventional and/or computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
- Knowledge of a wide range of manual welding processes involving oxyacetylene, oxyhydrogen, and other industrial gases, as well as applying knowledge of various manual arc-welding processes.
- Ability to plan and accomplish a functional shop maintenance program, which is essential on this position. Also required is skill in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques.
Specialized Experience Requirements for NGB Federal Wage System Positions for claiming civilian job experience:
Creditable experience must have been performed at least 30 consecutive days and be properly documented. Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
Must participate in Direct Deposit
A criminal history check will be completed on all selectees before hire date.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be payable.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works inside and outside, in inclement weather, on icy, wet, and slippery ramps, aircraft surfaces and work stands, and in temperature and humidity extremes. Subject to the dangers from exposure to toxic fumes, high pressure air and fluids, fast actuating metal aircraft surfaces such as landing gear, speed brakes, missile doors and flaps; engine noise, heat blast, intake suction, rotating propellers, explosive munitions, electrical voltage cartridge actuating devices, liquid oxygen, and fire or explosion of aircraft fuels, lubricants, paints, and solvents.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Physical efforts involve climbing, stooping, standing, bending, stretching, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Requires moderate to strenuous physical exertion including pushing and shoving. Lifts heavy equipment and components weighing up to 40 pounds; and with assistance, lifts items weighing over 50 pounds.
If you are not a member of the Indiana Air National Guard, but are interested in applying for this position, please call the Indiana Air National Guard Recruiting Office at 800-GO-GUARD. You can also view our website at http://www.in.ng.mil/Recruiting/tabid/1041/Default.aspx.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.