In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidates ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-07: Must indicate 12 months of the following type of experience:
- Experience demonstrating the ability to advise lower graded employees.
- Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions.
- Experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws.
- Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
Substitution of Education for specialized experience: Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions. If education is being substituted for specialized experience, a college transcript must accompany the application or resume.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA'S), LISTED BELOW, WILL BE USED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE IMPORTANT TO THE ENTIRE SELECTION PROCESS AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED SPECIFICALLY AND COMPLETELY IN THE APPLICATION.
- Knowledge of an extensive body of program analysis technical rules, guidelines, regulations, and precedents to provide sound recommendations to the Air Commander
- Knowledge which demonstrates skill in applying basic data gathering techniques in order to develop trends and analysis tolls using data from reports.
- Knowledge of the duties, priorities, commitments, basic policies, and program goals of the organization sufficient to perform comprehensive administrative support assignments.
- Knowledge of general office automation software, practices, and procedures to design or develop detailed charts and graphs. Competitive level proficiency in typing to accomplish word processing and office automation.
A pre-employment physical or medical screening may be required for placement to this position.
Selectee will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT) program as a condition of employment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position.
Note: Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowance is not be authorized for this position.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov)