The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as a Medical Administrative Assistant who will accomplish a variety of duties involving assisting in determining units readiness and capability to perform its peacetime/wartime mission to support programs and systems which ensure reserve members are properly trained and equipped to provide peacetime/wartime medical support and to provide training to reserve members in the accomplishment of tasks set forth herein:
- Support the senior ART in planning, directing, implementing and controlling all elements of the medical unit on a day to day basis.
- Provide support toward conducting studies, collecting data and identifying trends.
- Assist in reviewing status of training and personnel assets for Status of Resource and Training System (SORTS) reporting/Annual Tour.
- Monitor compliance with medical requirements to ensure timely completion and medical qualification of assigned personnel.
- Track unit funds and medical/non-medical supply expenditures and activities.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of the position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of a medical administrative office maintaining medical records, related correspondence and forms, scheduling physical examinations, and tracking medical unit requirements and suspenses. (To be creditable specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
KSAs: (1) Knowledge of medical service organization and functions. (2) Ability to analyze, determine accuracy of and maintain medical records or data. (3) Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate medical administrative activities. (4) Ability to relate medical regulations and established procedures to specific cases. (5) Knowledge of medical organizations, structure, policy, etc.
Substitution of Education for Experience: NONE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve military requirements. (2) May be required to work uncommon tour of duty. (3) Obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance. (4) Some positions under this announcement may be covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. (5) Some positions covered by this announcement may be designated as drug testing positions where the incumbent may be subject to random drug testing.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
The salary provided in this announcement is the base pay and does not include Locality Pay which will vary depending on geographical location. Please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/ to obtain the salary for your area of interest.
- Preferred Military AFSCs: 4N0X1, 4AXXX
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success) website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
- For more information visit the Air Force Reserve Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUS/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified categories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection.
- For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/veterans-authorities. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.