GENERAL: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement), GS-0201-07 (Trainee): Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement), GS-0201-09: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
TRAINEE POSITION: Applicants not meeting full qualifications for the GS-09 position indicated above may be considered for GS-07 trainee, if qualified. Statement-of-Difference of qualification requirements for each are indicated. If appointed as trainee, the selectee may be non-competitively promoted to GS-09 upon meeting full qualifications and recommendations of supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying, fundamental human resources management HRM principles, practices, and techniques of recruitment and placement; and standardized analytical, and evaluative methods and techniques sufficient to perform management advisory services for specific requests related to immediate problems of limited scope.
2. Knowledge of recruitment and placement principles, merit placement/promotion plan, and an understanding of occupational characteristics to develop vacancy announcements and to analyze and evaluate the relative value of individual qualifications in relation to duties of specific positions.
3. Basic knowledge of other HRO specializations, i.e. classification, employee relations, labor relations, equal employment opportunity, etc. for purposes of interacting and resolving issues.
4. Knowledge of the different philosophies and structures of the ANG and ARNG within the state.
5. Knowledge of the rules and procedures that apply to the various recruitment and placement and compensation programs, i.e. Coop/Work Study program, Upward Mobility, Handicapped, etc.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|Date Posted||January 6, 2018|
|Date Closes||February 5, 2018|
|Located In||Sacramento, CA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories