Applications will be accepted from those who are CURRENTLY ENROLLED or ACCEPTED FOR ENROLLMENT in a qualifying AIRFRAME AND POWERPLANT(A&P) PROGRAM recognized by TINKER AFB. Applicants who are currently enrolled in other A&P programs may apply and receive consideration; however, the curriculum must be substantially similar to local vocational programs with which Tinker AFB has an agreement.
AIRFRAME AND POWERPLANT (A&P) PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
At the time of application, Student Interns are required to have completed TWO-THIRDS of a qualifying A&P Program, i.e., BLOCK 1 ("GENERAL PORTION") and BLOCK 2 (AIRFRAME OR POWERPLANT). NOTE: Students who have not completed two full blocks may also apply, but MUST complete the second block prior to selection.
All certificates and final transcripts will be required at the time of selection.
Job requirements as a Student Intern:
· Sign a Participant Agreement
· Attend school while working at Tinker AFB
· Work part-time only, while in the A&P program
· Commute daily to work at Tinker AFB
· Complete 640 hours of OJT while attending school
To be eligible for conversion, Student Interns must:
· Complete 640 hours of work experience (On-The-Job Training) acquired through the Internship Program
· Complete certificate/licensing requirements by obtaining A&P License
· Meet qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
· Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the signed Participants Agreement
· Demonstrate successful job performance
NOTE: Appointments for this program are made at the WG-03 level ($15.86-$18.48 hourly). Upon successful completion of 640 hours of On-the-Job (OJT) and all other program requirements, incumbents can be promoted to the WG-05 level ($17.76 $20.74 hourly). The target grade (full performance level) depends on the position occupied.