In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MANAGEMENT ANALYST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and principles of management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of maintenance management, MIS and reporting procedures, statistical techniques, information analysis techniques, retrieval and database management procedures, and concepts and application of applicable maintenance directives.
2. Ability to operate within established administrative and technical publications and vendor supplied operations manuals.
3. Skill and ability to conduct analytical surveys, comparisons, cost studies, and evaluation of mission and personnel efficiency, productivity and effectiveness. Projects required detailed planning, organizing, and gathering pertinent data to assess current equipment feasibility and mission accomplishment.
4. Skill and ability in using experience and judgment to determine if current measurements of program effectiveness are reliable and develops methods to improve or replace them. Skill and ability to provide findings, observations and recommendations to management in the most informative manner, such as narrative, charts, graphs, visual media or briefings.
5. Ability to develop long-range plans and objectives for the organization by streamlining maintenance methods procedures, and operations and allowing managers to react to proposed mission changes and reorganizations.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)