In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this NAVIGATOR position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience which provided a working knowledge of the navigation systems and navigational instruments of the assigned airframe.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training that has required you to obtain information on type of mission, weather and intelligence data, and special instructions; experience preparing navigation flight plans; experience that provided a knowledge of proper readings and operations of navigational systems. Experience that shows your ability to test and inspect the operation of compasses, navigation systems, or radio and radar equipment; experience utilizing various navigational methods and aids to accomplish flying missions. Experience computing the effect of various factors during flight to establish present course and project balance of course and ability to train, evaluate and certify proficiency and competency of lower graded personnel AND you must have completed the necessary hours required for your current airframe. (ex. 1000 hours total navigation time which includes 200 hours time in the C-130).
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of the methods of air navigation (e.g., dead reckoning, celestial, or radio) appropriate to the flight training mission, and skill to apply this knowledge in planning and performing the navigation portion of the mission.
2. Knowledge of aircraft systems and equipment related to the navigation function, and skill to operate systems, cross-check information, and translate navigational data into useful and reliable information for the pilot.
3. Knowledge of basic aerodynamics and the effect of various forces and conditions on flight operations, and skill in considering these factors in planning missions and during flight.
4. Knowledge of methods of instruction and the navigational requirements of assigned missions, and skill in using this knowledge in ground training and in-flight instruction of navigators.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)